Friday, March 8, 2013

Sometimes you have to quote Disney.

I was hit like a ton of bricks today by my own selfishness and lived to tell about it.

This morning was FRUSTRATING. CRAZY. Just a hot mess. Not a far cry from normal in the Chambers' household but today was a whirlwind and all before 12 pm.

Picture This:
 Waking up an hour after your alarm was supposed to go off (I'm sure it did go off but I was too exhausted to hear it), the only reason you actually do wake up is from the screeches of a screaming sick baby in the other room, take temperature... 101.7 (which was a WIN from the 102.5 it was the night before), throw on same scrubs for the 2nd day which are complete with a nice film of baby snot because your other pair is not completely dry and there's just not time, no make up, hair on top of head in bun/knot/birds nest, forget deodorant (gross), hop in husband's truck and try to use the keys to your vehicle, try and figure out why they wont fit in ignition, oh yeah idiot..hop out get in your car, speed to school, crappy parking spot, run into classroom, forgot pencil in car, run back out, back in again, take ridiculous test, wait for everyone to get done so you can review, come in late for review and they are already done, sigh, eat chocolate, sigh.

Reading it back, it doesn't sound all that bad but let me tell you a sick kid, nursing school and being punctual are difficult to balance.

Well then on my lethargic drive home, bad mood and all, I realized...
*Insert Disney Quote (Princess Diaries to be exact)*
"How many stupid times a day I use the word "I"."

Wow. Complete parenting fail.
Sometimes with my busy schedule I get caught up in the "go, go, go" and don't relax and take time to realize that in between the crazy, there are miracles happening. Corny, maybe but so true. 

I eagerly made my way home after that and was met at the door by my husband and son. And no matter how crappy Cayn felt I still got greeted with the same precious smile he meets me with everyday. Miracle. I got kisses and hugs from my son...my son...miracle. And my husband, even though probably as frustrated as I was earlier that morning, holding our baby & taking his temp. reminded me that I married a superhero.

^Notice I still use the word I a lot, it's really hard not to actually use it, but you know what I mean ;)

But, when you start to kick yourself when you're having a bad day. Stop being a brat and realize..you've got it pretty good. Then go find your miracles and hug the crap out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment