Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring!

So, tomorrow is the first official day of spring but I've jumped the gun (as I do for most holidays/seasons) and have started sprucing up our home with bright colors and flowerdy things.

Whenever I moved in with Ryan...let's just say our home was a full fledged bachelor pad. It took me awhile to talk him into letting go of the neon bar signs and handing over the reigns to the lady of the house, but eventually he was convinced.

So here are some of the (small) improvements I've been working on over spring break.


This is a few changes inside. I got the "Now Is Always The Perfect Time" art from target (my happy place) I love it & it incorporates the colors we've got going on, plus it was on sale. The pillows are from Kohls and they bring the colors from the kitchen into the living room. The "wash" & "dry" bins in the laundry room were to mask all the clutter in there and I just used a stencil and some yellow paint. Easy peasy.


Our back porch was so bare and my husband's idea of outdoor seating was a couple of ice chests. So we found these at target (again, on sale) and mixed an matched some colors to get a fun summery look. I found the orange lantern at big lots for like $3. (and yes we have colored christmas light around our porch. It makes me feel like it's a fiesta year round. I don't even care.)

I plan to add some colorful planters out there too.

This was made by a wonderfully crafty girl named Casey and I love how much more fun my plain ol front door is!




And these little knick-knacks I picked up at Garden Ridge grace our front porch and flower bed. Fun, fun, fun!


I can't wait for the drizzly weather to perk up and for it to actually FEEL like spring..Arkansas sure does know how to tease us!

No comments:

Post a Comment